Trap doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trap doors

Hey im sure someone else might have posted this but id like to see a iron variation, which is very much like the iron door. A tungsten version same, and even a mud door which is dirt over some wood covered in grass to make it stealthy in the woods. Or a snow covered one or dirt of that biome. They should have quite a few variations some stronger than others obviously iron then tungsten would be top, dirt ones are like lvl 1 wood ones or lvl 2, then wood upgraded with metal would be above dirt but below iron and tung.

just a thought as i look at my one wooden trap door between myself and an angry horde.

That would be wicked.

Just place a log spike at the bottom of the hole. Not too deep unless you don't want to loot the zombie.

All you would have to do is reset them when your done.

Comment

Being able to weave a grass mat to cover a pit trap would be cool. IDK how hard it would be to implement but it seems like it could basically just work like a landmine that only destroys itself as far as the game engine is concerned & use the same texture as normal grass. Maybe a subtle difference to reward the cautious.

Some kind of primitive trap(s) would be awesome, even if it was just a rabbit snare or the like. Of course you can exploit (in the generic sense) the AI pathing & make a sort of large funnel trap ending in a pit but that's not as cool or anywhere close to being covert.
      Last edited by ObedMarsh; 12-12-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

ouch.jpgTrap_Spring_Trap.jpg

these would be some nasty surprises to step on to.

Comment

ooooOOOOOO! I like the spike rollers pit. Talk about effective. Could maim the living and conceivably remove the undead if they fall face first onto a spike. then just rolls over and they drop off into the pit below. Abusing game mechanics a bit, each zombie that walks into it, falls onto a fire below, and it triggers heat as it's consumed, attracting more zombies to fall in. Instant zombie disposal! of course, a whole horde falls in, and you clog it up until they all burn, which probably damages, if not destroys the rollers, but eh, lot of removed zombies with one relatively simple trap.

Comment

Something like this would be great!

Comment

Working...
            X