Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torches

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Torches

    Torches need to bring light more like campfire not like a light bulb.
    7DaysToDie 2013-11-07 18-44-37-46.jpg (No light)
    7DaysToDie 2013-11-07 18-44-30-26.jpg (Torch)
    7DaysToDie 2013-11-07 18-44-47-54.jpg (Campfire)
    Last edited by xiiMaRcLeoN; 11-07-2013, 07:05 PM.

    #2
    I agree they should be the same as like minecraft.
    These torches are weak af.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Berkan View Post
      I agree they should be the same as like minecraft.
      These torches are weak af.
      in minecraft they are also more like a light bulb imo

      Comment


        #4
        I was thinking of doing a post on something like this, So I hope you don't mind xiiMaRcLeoN that I add this to yours.

        My pimp dream is also about brighter and dimmer torches and camp fires. Not only brighter and dimmer but also burns out. I know this would have to be added in alpha 99 or beta or something, But I would love it if(not going for realism, Just think it would add to the fun of it all) torches and camp fires would burn out. A coal torch would burn for a long time but put out less light, But a cloth torch would burn brighter but for less time. Camp fire would burn real bright when having a lot of wood, But burn dimmer as the wood burned out.

        Note: Add kerosene to the game to make long burning cloth torches (kerosene jar, on top of cloth, on top of a stick)

        Comment


          #5
          The torches need to make a crackling sound as well!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by milton_71 View Post
            The torches need to make a crackling sound as well!
            They do in Alpha 2.

            Comment


              #7
              they also need to produce light when you hold them so you can walk into dark rooms without haveing to slowly walk back and forth scanning for loot. same goes with flashlight.

              Comment


                #8
                Make torches that are picked up revert to regular torches instead of 'wall torch' which provides no light while held.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The one thing I always hated about Minecraft torches was the light flicker effect... I really hope they don't implement that into this game. As realistic as that effect makes torches feel, it's really annoying. Or in the very least give us the option to disable that effect.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Fox View Post
                    The one thing I always hated about Minecraft torches was the light flicker effect... I really hope they don't implement that into this game. As realistic as that effect makes torches feel, it's really annoying. Or in the very least give us the option to disable that effect.
                    I actually really like the minecraft torches.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yea in the 2.0 vids the torch lighting is not fixed yet, not as bright when placed.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X