Suggestions for new items and abilities for 7 days to die

Ragsmel

Hello Game Devs,

I've been playing 7 days to die for a couple weeks now with a group of friends and we have come up with a bunch of suggestions for the game that might make it better or just more fun.

our suggestions are:

a garage door opener

a minibike tracker for when your minibike goes awol

a sidecar for the minibike for a passenger

scuba tanks and flippers for underwater base building and hunting

a speargun for underwater zombie hunting

sandbags for additional base defense

the ability to craft gun parts after learning the gun schematic.

one of our group wanted a thermal indicator for horde nights, allowing us to see when the zombies were coming.

one suggestion from one of our group was for a gun turret

and the last suggestion was for the ability to drive a car allowing for more inventory space while traveling as a group.

• 2 years later...

hello there, I made an account for this forum just so I could talk about this, I bought this game in early 2017, ive had a blast. But with the "recent" (i dont actually remember how long ago it was I took a long break) addition of the inventory weight system my fun has been ruined. I now have to worry about how far from my house I can go, and prevents me from taking long trips on foot. I absolutely hate this. I just want to be able to carry the stuff I find. Either make inventory smaller, or dont slow me down for having a full backpack. Like I said this one feature pissed me off enough to make this account. Please revert to the old inventory system, the new one is unnecesarilly complicated, and a total turnoff from the game. I've actually been cheating myself steriods to avoid it, but I have ADHD so I end up cheating other stuff in too and get unmotivated to play anymore.

• 5 months later...

my suggestion is a massive mod.

to give more responsiblilty, more stress and more realism, add a military mod that combines a lot of military gear, NPC soldiers, vehicles and commands to give to different squads that can patrol, defend or scavenge etc. allow people to take control of a squad and command them to go wherever they need to go etc. give certain buildings names that you can call them that could benefit your main HQ but does get attacked a bit more in help promote team work and gives a better feeling to the atmosphere of the game.

it would be amazing seeing a leader sending his friends out with squads to possibly attack an NPC base with attack helicopters with an NPC squad inside it waiting to be deployed.

yes it would make the game more arma based but, i have friends that agree with me saying that this would be fun. Allow bandits to come attack randomly and more zombies, possibly even add armies to see how well you can 'tame' survivors, give them roles like farming, guarding and being soldiers as well as survive. I know there's mods that can bring in helicopters etc but just have one big mod that has all of this.

You can have a hierarchy:

the commander ( the owner of the claim block)

the leaders ( friends or NPCs that can tell other NPC soldiers in their squad what to do)

Soldiers ( NPCs that do whatever the top bosses say but get their commands over ruled by the commander)

Base NPCs ( NPCs that can guard, farm or maybe build already created templates like outposts or basic traps as well as hunt or scavenge by either the commander or leaders telling them to)

As i mentioned, have bases that can be given certain names that are triggers for world spawns that aim to destroy those buildings like:

outposts ( able to communicate between HQ and outposts for enemy positions by buildable radio stations etc. and to allow squads to recover after battles).

HQ ( which is the main claim block were all the player's NPCs call home. IF destroyed, NPCs just defend themselves until the player creates a new one)

POIs( POIs that once entered can trigger not just hordes of a minimum of 2 zombies or bandits, but armies that will always follow the players. that way, it gives another purpose for the player to have a base that can be protected)

Factions ( other survivor bases that can do the same but are mainly NPCs. you can create relationships or enemies and can send soldiers or survivors in vehicles to either automatically buy and sell items and if certain bases don't accept certain items then players can keep looking for other bases)

It sounds like it's taking away from the lonely, atmospheric enviroment that you have already have in game but, it gives people an actual purpose. have quests that either the commander can give squads or the traders.

Have bandits with standard weapons like rifles or melee weapons etc.

Have the vehicles cost a lot more than the standard game vehicles so the commander, friends and NPCs have to scavenge for more survivors and food and weapons.

imagine, a full scale war all because someone entered the wrong building, gathered items and having to evacuate them with helicopters that have different weapon upgrades but can only have one at one time. And then having to position soldiers to defend different walls of your base alongside tanks and turrets and your friend's setting up flanks to help either deter or cut down the armies.

Of course, you keep the level of difficulty the same as the development of the commander's progress in case an army comes at the beginning of the game. This would be fun as all hell can break out at anytime throughout the game. i would help support whoever could make this.

Archived