This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Moderators & Clean Forums

We have several Community Moderators that have been chosen to help us keep a clean forum and keep the peace. Any type of disrespect (foul language, threats, etc) towards them when receiving an infraction will not be tolerated. Community Moderators have full ban access and will not hesitate to use it should you break the forum rules.

TFP ask that you show them the same respect you would show us as they are doing a job we have tasked them with.

thats good to hear hopefully you diddnt hire any power tripping little kids and i hope your moderatoers really do clean up the forums like all the ones that ask about updates theres just too many of those when a new update is about to come out the forums just explode with crying people

Comment

Originally posted by quido View Post
      thats good to hear hopefully you diddnt hire any power tripping little kids and i hope your moderatoers really do clean up the forums like all the ones that ask about updates theres just too many of those when a new update is about to come out the forums just explode with crying people
      A few of us non-moderators try helping at times without overstepping our boundaries. It does become a little nutso around update time, however.

Comment

Thank you Brains.

I'd also like to point out that there is a "report post" feature for everyone to use in case they see something in which breaks the rules in the forums. I mention this because I get a lot of PMs stating that they're receiving warnings / infractions when others should receive them too. If a post offends you, report them... if a post breaks rules, report them. We handle reported posts usually within the 1/2 hour and is the best way for those bad posts to be handled right away. Just don't abuse it with false reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
          Thank you Brains.

I'd also like to point out that there is a "report post" feature for everyone to use in case they see something in which breaks the rules in the forums. I mention this because I get a lot of PMs stating that they're receiving warnings / infractions when others should receive them too. If a post offends you, report them... if a post breaks rules, report them. We handle reported posts usually within the 1/2 hour and is the best way for those bad posts to be handled right away. Just don't abuse it with false reports.
          ^^^THIS^^^

The system works, so use it

Hey Fox. Long time, no see

Comment

Originally posted by LimeyRon View Post
            Hey Fox. Long time, no see
            Yup... I've been busy... also, it's been a while since someone needed any help with computers so...

Love the avatar btw.

Comment

Yup... I've been busy...
              No surprise there. You're like the "anti-me". If I could transfer all of my spare time (and I have a lot of it) I would

also, it's been a while since someone needed any help with computers so...
              Hehe. She's still going strong and hasn't skipped a beat I've also been busy with that thing I can't talk about in public. If only these suckers knew MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Love the avatar btw.
              Thanks Found it one Imgur one day and thought I'd grab it for my own personal amusement. Just wish I could make it sharper.

Now, before I derail Brains' lovely thread....
              Last edited by LimeyRon; 08-08-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you Brains. Much appreciated.

As an addendum to Fox's post, if you feel one of us moderators (myself included) has done something over the line you can also report us.
                Right on the PM received for warnings & infractions is the same report functionality that exists for normal posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Eagle LXIX View Post
                  Thank you Brains. Much appreciated.

As an addendum to Fox's post, if you feel one of us moderators (myself included) has done something over the line you can also report us.
                  Right on the PM received for warnings & infractions is the same report functionality that exists for normal posts.
                  Oh cool, you're a mod now too. Well done Red

Also, I can vouch for both Red & Fox. They're alright..
                  Last edited by LimeyRon; 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Can I inquire as to how one becomes said Moderator of these forums? I'm interesting in possibly applying if there is an application process.

Comment

Originally posted by LimeyRon View Post
                      Thanks Found it one Imgur one day and thought I'd grab it for my own personal amusement. Just wish I could make it sharper.
                      Son of a...Typo. On*

Comment

Originally posted by Malthis View Post
                        Can I inquire as to how one becomes said Moderator of these forums? I'm interesting in possibly applying if there is an application process.
                        I think it's based on reputation and how long you've been here for, etc. Basically, if you stand out from the crowd, you'll likely have a chance. But everyone wants to be a mod, or at least most ppl do... so ya, if they feel like they need more mods, they'll find the ones that stand out the most and check them out (or at least that's how I would do it).

We just got 1 more very active mod and 1 supporter which is kind of like a part time mod... so I'm not sure we need any more right now. And for the record, there is such a thing as too many mods...

Comment

I think it's based on reputation and how long you've been here for, etc. Basically, if you stand out from the crowd, you'll likely have a chance. But everyone wants to be a mod, or at least most ppl do... so ya, if they feel like they need more mods, they'll find the ones that stand out the most and check them out (or at least that's how I would do it).

We just got 1 more very active mod and 1 supporter which is kind of like a part time mod... so I'm not sure we need any more right now. And for the record, there is such a thing as too many mods...
                          Yeah, but when things really hit the fan, it's typically better to have more staff, than not enough, and the universal law is usually that whenever something really bad happens, it's during the odd hours the mods aren't on. The nice thing is you have people from all over the world so you can typically get good coverage of all times of day and night.

Mixed feeling about it being reputation based. While that does give people something to strive for, I've always been good at application processes :P

Comment

Originally posted by Malthis View Post
                            Yeah, but when things really hit the fan, it's typically better to have more staff, than not enough, and the universal law is usually that whenever something really bad happens, it's during the odd hours the mods aren't on. The nice thing is you have people from all over the world so you can typically get good coverage of all times of day and night.

Mixed feeling about it being reputation based. While that does give people something to strive for, I've always been good at application processes :P
                            Actually, when diarrhea hits the fan... run!... I mean umm... it's better to have a limited amount of mods as there's often overlap and mistakes happen (double punishments to one "crime"), etc... There's plenty of other good reasons too, but this isn't the place for that.

Believe me when I say the forums are moderated during all hours of the day and night.

And by reputation, I didn't just mean the rep system. Basically, I would assume they look at how long you've been around, how many posts you have, maybe check out some of your posts to make sure they're all constructive, check see how many infractions you have... etc...

Comment

I remember the time where weren't any mods here that was insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X