This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 6

Madmole will answer these questions in a future video.

Rules

1) One question per person. Period. Additional questions will be deleted so ask your best one first if you plan to be a rule breaker.

2) Please do not answer anyone else's question. This is not a discussion thread. Simply ask your question, step to the left, and receive your soup.

3) Keep the questions focused on Alpha 16 or on "behind the scenes" development curiosity.

4) Watch past Q&A videos and read the current thread and do not post duplicate questions. Questions that have been asked and answered will be moved to the already answered thread.

Past Q&A Videos

Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 1 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 2 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 3 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 4 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 5 Video

And Finally....

Q: When is Alpha 16 going to be released?
    A: When it's done.
    Electricity
    31.11%
    Ziplines
    2.22%
    Sleepers and Improved Spawning
    42.22%
    Breadcrumb and Improved AI
    24.44%
    Last edited by Roland; 11-10-2016, 07:06 PM.

Great Job Team

Q. Could we get a bed/spawnpoint overhaul?

R: I think many are eagerly awaiting one. Foalan has some decent ideas, as do others and they follow along the same lines. Make crafted beds permanent and sleeping bags one-time alternatives that dont negate our permanent beds at our bases. For instance, sleeping bags only allow for a one time spawn that disintegrates after use and then we have to make a new one. but spawning at home is always a choice too. No health regen at sleeping bags either and a health boost at a crafted bed.
    Last edited by SlicksGirl; 11-10-2016, 09:58 PM. Reason: wanted to change my questions

Comment

Hi Joel. Thanks so much for the game. Loving every minute of it since A15!

Perhaps not for A16, but in the near future, is there any plan/can you consider a 'head angle' bar? Not sure what else to call it, so sorry for the terminology. What I am getting at is that while mining, it's very easy to get disorientated and you don't know what angle your looking at (up, down, straight ahead or in between any of those). It would make it so much easier to know what plain we are looking at, especially to find where the exit is, if there was a small head angle level. I'm thinking a nice graphical building level tool with the green bubble to tell you if your wall is properly vertical/picture is properly horizontal, however a number in angular degrees would also suffice.

Down would be -90 degrees
      straight would be 0
      Up would be +90.

It would also be cool if a similar bubble-style graphic could be made to work with body temperature as well.

Thanks!
      Last edited by ZombieHorde; 11-10-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Since you made all the tvs craft-able why not make the fallen TV craft-able as well l since we can't pick it up anymore? By the way thank you for making the two mattress types able to be bought by the traders it would be cool if we could craft them as well out of cotton and springs.
        Last edited by Roland; 11-13-2016, 06:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Will we see more decorations coming in alpha 16 since i always build these huge houses but most of the rooms are empty since there not much to put in them besides the couches the plant and the 2 paintings and some other basic furniture. Maybe more painting variations different plants, lamps, tables, and maybe even some statues.

Comment

Heya. Nice job btw.

I was having a think about POIs the other day and something I realised is that they are always single function buildings, and each one is static.

What I wondered was whether it would be possible to have a POI with random sub parts. For example you could have a building that has spaces for four things side by side in a terraced style. There would be a random chance of shops, flats, or just derelict or burnt out spaces.

Here's the sort of thing I'm on about.

po224-oo-low-relief-terraced-shops-stone-1255-p.jpg

You could expand on it to have larger buildings like a Shamway, but with a small Pop-N-Pills and sports store in it.

And then there could be the ultimate apocalypse heaven.

The Shopping Mall.

Imagine having sports shops, gun shops, food shops, food courts, clothing stores, bike shops and all the lovely undead.

Just a thought.

Arve,
            random alt.

Comment

Hi! Is there any plans to randomize when the blood moon hordes arrive?

I'm asking about the way 7th day hordes spawn. As it is, as soon as night hits you're instantly swarmed. It's predictable and a little weird to me.

In previous builds one of my favorite things was knowing at some point in the night things were going to get intense. My friends and I would huddle together in the dark waiting for hell to arrive. I loved that anticipation and anxiety.

Thanks for creating the game you've always wanted because it's the same game a lot of us have wanted too!
              Last edited by Roland; 11-13-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Continuity

First thank you for all your work and for this great game. All of use (6 persons) love this game and we have our own server and play nearly every day.

My question is about the length of games: Afaik (Wiki) the blood moon hordes get stronger every time until Day 56 where it resets. The difficulties from screamer gets stronger every week. Are there plans to change it so it depends more on the heat map? Because if I play an ingame week alone and my friends come back they get stronger attacks even if they didn't play. Or if someone new joins it's also harder for them. So the game difficulty depends less on which day it is and more on what the players did. Would be kinda important for multiplayer servers.

I would suggest to make Screamer and Blood Moon Horde difficulty/level depend on the heatmap and player level multiplies heatmap data or something similiar.
                Last edited by struppinet; 11-10-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Can we have zombies attack things we love and need.

My mini bike can be left outside my base when a horde comes and in the morning ..not a scratch. Left in the hub over night..no damaged
                  Make it like we have to park it safe ,Hide it ...Like we tell out children "put your toys away safe when your finished or you'll lose them"

When zombies break into my base no crates/Forges were damaged,Just walls floors and ceilings

Comment

Is it possible to have zombies crawl through 1 block holes? Just imagine a horde funneling through a hole they made in your wall.

To be clear, I'm not talking about crawlers. Regular zombies would be running or walking then convert to the crawling animation and as soon as there is headroom they convert back to the standing animations.
                    Last edited by Roland; 11-13-2016, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Lovin' the Q&A series MM, great stuff.

Can Mining Helmets be adjusted so that their volume of light is dependent on their quality?

Right now, as soon as you find any helmet you've banished the night forever, even if it's a Q1 helmet (since head slot items almost never take any damage anyway).
                      Last edited by OzHawkeye; 11-10-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Could you maybe show some of the titles that The Fun Pimps staff have worked on in the past?

I have seen a lot of newer people on the forums lately that have expressed some doubts concerning the game. I was thinking that if it weren't too much trouble you could allay some of these doubts by showing them some of the titles that TheFunPimps staff has worked on in the past. Not everyone has seen the kickstarter page.
                        Keep on Pimpin.....
                        Last edited by Roland; 11-13-2016, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Grappling hooks

Sup MadMole! How you doin?
                          Thank you for your great work! You guys are creating the best game ever

Now that ziplines are in the game, will grappling hooks be implemented as well? I would love to climb the wall of somebody's base.
                          Ninja-grappling-hook.jpg

Thanks bro!

Comment

Will there be another designed map?

Comment

Hello Joel Huenink

, due to my illness I cannot move my hands as good as a healthy person. Normal gameplay is not a problem, I found a way to do most things. The only thing that is bugging me are the controls of the motorcycle. You cannot change them in control options, you just have to accept them the way they were set at game launch. This is really bugging me. The only way I can work with this is by disassembling and reassembling the motorcycle in another direction to drive in that direction then. Is there any chance you could improve the motorcycle steering. Maybe by making it possible to steer with the mouse (by setting in control options). So instead of looking around with the mouse, make the bike drive into the direction the mouse is pointing at. Or at least make the controls changeable. So I can use WSQE instead of WSAD. Any of this would help a lot and improve my quality of gameplay a lot. Thanks for reading this and maybe take my idea into consideration.
                              Sincerely Usus Tyrannus

Comment

Working...
                              X