What do you guys want changed in later patches? That A18 does not have or removed.

Lightingfast29

More zeds would be nice, a better balance of glowing zeds and regular zeds. Going into a POI and seeing nothing but waves of bullet sponge glowing zeds gets frustrating. Make melee combat work again, swishing on a zed when you know you have the swing lined up is getting really old. Balance some of the weapons so they are not useless past certain game stages.

I think they need to scale up the spawn counts for lower gamestages while on anything above default difficulty. After I hit gamestage 300+ I was seeing swarms everywhere I went. Hell, I hit a pawn shop up and wound up having 18 or so bashing thier way into the shop. I do get it's to let players have freedom (I suppose newer players), but I think if you go above default difficulty they should take the training wheels off earlier on, rather than at the very end when I'm about to quit lol.

They also need to make building fun again. Spawn more zombies cause zombies are not even a threat.

Night time is not hard no more you can walk every were and not risk dying to zombies at night why devs:( Make zombies a threat again!!!!!!!!

(1) I want to be swarmed by zombies both at night and day more at night though:) cause its boring now with no risk at all:( you can latterly walk at night and you won't die to zombies unless you don't have weapons.

(2) replace sleeping zombies with awake ones:) zombies don't sleep cause there already dead. Just look at the movies you don't even see zombies sleeping. Like come on make zombies a threat agian:)

Buff the zombies buff the zombies and make em a threat again. plz devs:)

I want more cohesion. The styles put into the game clash and immediately tells that this is an indie game.

You’ve got this gritty, crass style... the bikers, the strippers, the names of some of the POIs, and the traders’ language, vomiting cops, etc. This part gives me kind of like a 1980’s Garbage Pail Kids vibe.

Then you’ve got mixed into that some elements of a Mad Max type style. Spikes on motorcycles, the iron helmet and makeshift armor, the junkyard quest POIs, junk turrets and stun batons.

Next up we have the things that revolve around the nuclear age. Radiation zones and gear, radiated zombies that glow, a rare mutant pig. This brings up the lack of cohesion with animals. Zombie dogs, no normal dogs. Normal wolves, no zombie wolves. Bears and zombie bears... no other zombie animals, no other mutant animals. Opportunity is there to mutate every animal... but nope.

Finally we have this weird mystical lore. Zombies run at night, zombies affected by blood moons. Feral zombies with no reason behind what makes them different. Wights with no reason behind what makes them different.

In general, there is no one identifying style in this game. It’s a hodge-podge patchwork of themes that the devs thought were cool at the time they were brought into the game. The game needs a direction to follow, cohesion.

A longer, more meaningful progression through all the tiers so that we can bring back the focus on survival. Primitive weapons and building should be viable and necessary for longer. Ideally, certain biomes and cities would have MUCH more walking dead in them with much harder enemies that is near impossible to get to during the early days. The loot containers within each area belong to various tiers, where there is a higher probability for more\better loot in the higher tiers - while in the lower tiers you have less chance to find guns, medical and purple loot.

The areas you start in contain weaker zombies that do less hand-damage than the zombies in the higher-tiered areas. At first where you start, primitive weapons like bows and spears are pretty much all you can find and use as weapons are extremely rare. You might get lucky and find a gun in some house, but it's not very common. You can build out of wood and it's viable enough to hold off early gamestage hordes with weaker hand-damage.

As you progress, you start going into more and more dangerous cities that contain a larger amount of stronger undead that have stronger hand damage, you the need to start considering stone as base defense and obtaining better weapons in order to successfully loot the more dangerous area and hold off the more dangerous horde.

Further on as your gamestage gets even higher, you will need to get into even more dangerous cities and areas to get better weapons and schematics so that you can even further upgrade your base and consider concrete. You'll start getting some basic and more common modern weapons such as basic explosives, pistols, shotguns and hunting rifles.

As your gamestage starts to reach the very high levels, you'll need to start working your way into the most dangerous place which is the wasteland. Some parts of this place are radiated and you'll need special equipment to even get in. This is where you'll find some of the strongest zombies in the game in huge numbers. Even getting inside of a POI is a challenge. Crossing through the wasteland is a dangerous task that only the most prepared can do. Here you'll start going into factories and obtaining advanced schematics for turrets, finding automatic weapons, and the most advanced base defense. Your gamestage is high enough at this point to where you better have steel.

I think they need to scale up the spawn counts for lower gamestages while on anything above default difficulty. After I hit gamestage 300+ I was seeing swarms everywhere I went. Hell, I hit a pawn shop up and wound up having 18 or so bashing thier way into the shop. I do get it's to let players have freedom (I suppose newer players), but I think if you go above default difficulty they should take the training wheels off earlier on, rather than at the very end when I'm about to quit lol.

I think this would be a great change. I hate having to wait so long to face real danger even on insane/nightmare/perma-death. The game should be practically impossible at those difficulties but it's not.

A longer, more meaningful progression through all the tiers so that we can bring back the focus on survival. Primitive weapons and building should be viable and necessary for longer. Ideally, certain biomes and cities would have MUCH more walking dead in them with much harder enemies that is near impossible to get to during the early days. The loot containers within each area belong to various tiers, where there is a higher probability for more\better loot in the higher tiers - while in the lower tiers you have less chance to find guns, medical and purple loot.

The areas you start in contain weaker zombies that do less hand-damage than the zombies in the higher-tiered areas. At first where you start, primitive weapons like bows and spears are pretty much all you can find and use as weapons are extremely rare. You might get lucky and find a gun in some house, but it's not very common. You can build out of wood and it's viable enough to hold off early gamestage hordes with weaker hand-damage.

As you progress, you start going into more and more dangerous cities that contain a larger amount of stronger undead that have stronger hand damage, you the need to start considering stone as base defense and obtaining better weapons in order to successfully loot the more dangerous area and hold off the more dangerous horde.

Further on as your gamestage gets even higher, you will need to get into even more dangerous cities and areas to get better weapons and schematics so that you can even further upgrade your base and consider concrete. You'll start getting some basic and more common modern weapons such as basic explosives, pistols, shotguns and hunting rifles.

As your gamestage starts to reach the very high levels, you'll need to start working your way into the most dangerous place which is the wasteland. Some parts of this place are radiated and you'll need special equipment to even get in. This is where you'll find some of the strongest zombies in the game in huge numbers. Even getting inside of a POI is a challenge. Crossing through the wasteland is a dangerous task that only the most prepared can do. Here you'll start going into factories and obtaining advanced schematics for turrets, finding automatic weapons, and the most advanced base defense. Your gamestage is high enough at this point to where you better have steel.

It would be great to add tiered content. As it is, if you know the game, absolutely nothing outside of crafting is tiered and I don't really enjoy crafting

I would like to see more Z variation.

There should be height variations, movement variations, random pukers, variations in AI

Some of the Overhaul MODS already do this.

My favourite used to be the Napalm spitters in Gnamod, they used to wreck your base. LOL

And please add better texture to some of the farmable plants.

Glad I'm not the only one:D

Are you guys playing solo? Because there's 4 of us and it's a non-stop parade of irradiated zombies and demolishers, day 44, gamestage is like 415 or so.

I keep seeing folks holler for more zombies, and all I can think is "They must be alone and not trying to operate around a centralized secured location for loot storage", as a single bloodmoon will annhilate anything you've built, unless it's super gimmicky.

What I want to see, is a serious tone-down of zombie block damage. Right now its pointless to spec and spend time into reinforced concrete, it gets one-shotted during a blood moon or a horde rush.

10 to 20 times as many zombies as current for a start

For a quick and dirty xml edit to spawning.xml that's a grand total of changing 10 maxcount entries for the biome spawns....

From this:

<biome name="pine_forest">

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="14" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="21" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

</biome>

To this:

<biome name="pine_forest">

<spawn maxcount="20" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="20" respawndelay="4" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="14" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="21" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

</biome>

Do the same for desert, wasteland, burnt_forest and snow and you are done.

Note a modlet approach would be the better option to avoid redoing it after each experimental release etc but that would take longer to explain.

Mine are set at 50 (depends on what your system can handle and what you find fun etc).

Oh and you can set all respawndelay to 1 if you like too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30416[/ATTACH]

616817183_7DaysToDieIncreasedBiomeSpawns.jpg.6575db9f7b0647f72f46b1d7449f01f1.jpg

Ohhh, game days! Well then. The whole reduction of zombies situation seems even weirder now.

If the goal is to not have the zombie spawns interfere with POI sleeper spawns, why not just reduce the max and decrease the delay?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

That would work, I assume its mainly to try accommodate the games minimum requirements (but at this point who knows...)

The game days is based upon this xml comment <!-- JOEL: change "respawndelay" to world days, change "maxcount" to entities per area --> but I cannot recall when that comment was added ;) so it may be done or is yet to be done.

That would work, I assume its mainly to try accommodate the games minimum requirements (but at this point who knows...)

The game days is based upon this xml comment <!-- JOEL: change "respawndelay" to world days, change "maxcount" to entities per area --> but I cannot recall when that comment was added ;) so it may be done or is yet to be done.

Right. It's been there since at least alpha 11. Can't find anything older.

http://7d2d.rocks/xml/11-6/spawning.xml

For those wanting more Zs, you could do the quick edit directly in the XML....or....you could use a mod from HERE.

Look for two distinct mods: Increased Wilderness Z and Larger Hordes.

I certainly recommend using a modlet format over a direct xml edit.

No idea on what Jaxx has his numbers increased to either but you could always edit his modlet for more/less etc.

The direct xml edit was primarily for illustration purposes ;)

Archived